Monday 18 March 2013

My Pamper/Relaxing Evening

Hi everybody!

How are you? I just came back from the gym and I decided I shop pop on and do a bit of another post after last nights came out so well. I thought I'd do a bit of a take on Zoella's Pamper Evening as sort of a blogger post response as opposed to a video response.

Don't forget to follow by clicking that button over to the right, and drop me a comment because I love getting comments!


Step 1: Ambience:
Now, I don't know about you, but I find the bath about fifty times more relaxing and nicer if I have some lovely smelling candles to go with it, just to place it on the side, and give it a bit of a more romantic atmosphere, and a beautiful-er aroma. I don't exactly know where I got the two large candles from, but they're probably not very expensive (probably just a garden store candle) but they do the job of making it pretty and nice. The middle candle is from "Glasshouse" which (in Australia) you can pretty much buy from any of your local decor stores (and Peter Alexander as well!!) and it's in the wonderful "Tahaa" flavour which is vanilla and caramel. I love this scent because it literally reminds me of winter and sitting by the fire on a cold and snowy day while drinking a liquid caramel drink and reading a good book.


Step 2: Beverages:
For me, it really depends how I'm feeling. Normally I opt for a cold drink of apple cider or lemon, lime and bitters with ice in a cocktail glass, but today, I decided to go a bit swanky and I went for this hibiscus vanilla tea from T2. I'm pretty sure it's called Vanilla Slice. It's very nice and it's bright crimson!


Step 3: Entertainment:
While the water is running, I hunt off to find a good book and at the moment, I am half-way through and hooked on The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (yep, that's the romance movie with the glorious Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams). It's such a good book, though different to the movie, I love them both so much (as well as my undying love for Mr. Gosling).

If I'm feeling a little more crazy, I bring in earphones and my phone and just listen to some nice music and have a snooze, but do keep an eye on those candles and don't place your book near them!


Step 4 (Optional): Cold Eye Headache Thing:
I got a Crabtree and Evelyn La Source package (which a lot of the products featured in this will be from) and in it was this really interesting little eyemask. You can either stick it in the freezer or put it through the microwave for a few seconds depending on your chosen temperature. As you can see, I've stuck it in the freezer so it balances the heat of the tea and the bathwater. It's really interesting and it's from this "Pearl technology" thing. There are little beads in them, and while I don't really know exactly how different they are to just a normal cool eyemask, they really relax you and they are good for headaches and just chilling out (pun intended!). They're also really cool to play around with.


Step 5: Body Oils and Bathbombs:
Now, you might be a tad confused about the change in scenery when you scroll down and find one of the next slides actually consists of blue water and not pink rose floating water. This is because I actually photographed this post at my dad's house (where the candles and  all the crabtree and evelyn stuff are) and at my mum's house (where the shampoos and hairmasks are). Yeah, it's inconvenient but I wanted this post to be as detailed as possible! 

Back on track, I tend to go for a bathbomb (I've used the Rose Queen from Lush) to give the water a bit of spruce and colour, as well as some essential oils which I've photographed above (Scully's Bulgarian Rose). This smells like luxury in a bottle. I highly recommend Scully's and it comes in a very cute little tin bottle with a retro tag. They make some wonderful stuff and I'm looking forward to trying out some more of their bath products.


Step 6: Wash your hair:
I hope you haven't got in the bath yet, haha! I'm just up to washing my hair with shampoo. I've used the L'Occitane Daily Use Shampoo because its just what I've had. I love L'Occitane because it's organic and it smells nice and leaves my hair feeling lov-a-ly. 


Step 7: Hair-Mask:
Hair masks are your hair's best friend. Just run the mask through your hair and let it sit for a bit before rinsing it out. I haven't got in the bath yet hahaha, that's the next step.


Step 8: GET IN!


Step 9: Washing up:
I'm using the Crabtree and Evelyn La Source body wash. I love the smell of it. It's fresh, and while it's more of a morning smell, it's very relaxing for the bath and it lathers very well.




Step 10: Face-Scrubs:
I then go into washing my face. There's nothing worse than being caked in make-up (not that I am caked in make-up, but you understand what I'm saying), and stepping into a steaming bath. It opens up your pores and lets all of the foundation and whatever into your pores, clogging it up and causing pimples and blemishes. It's good to wash your face with a gentle cleanser. Normally, I'd even just use the QV face wash because it's soap free and it washes very gently and well, but yesterday I used Natio gentle facial scrub and the gentle foaming cleanser.

The face scrub was really good. The beads are big enough to exfoliate your skin well, as well as being small enough so that it doesn't feel like rubbing sand on your face. It's very gentle and it smells really lovely too. The face cleanser is interesting. I didn't find that it foamed very much and it came out more like a moisturiser than an actual foaming cleanser. Am I just using it wrong, or what? I'll give it another go tonight and see what happens. 


Step 11: Chill it out:
This is the step where I'd just read a book or listen to music, I'd put on the pearl eye-mask, take a sip of the tea and indulge in a little Nicholas Sparks, before closing my eyes and just relaxing.

Hope this helped you out. What do you do in the bath? Hahah ,that sounds weird.
Xoxo 
Lucy



1 comment:

  1. I watched zoella's pamper video and loved it so I really enjoyed reading your post :) I also have the Scully's Bulgarian Rose bath and body and I LOVE IT! x

    ReplyDelete